Social distancing is essential right now and everybody should be observing this new norm, because let’s face it – most people don’t even know that they are carriers of the virus and we could be actively spreading it to others without even being aware of it.
With cases on the rise around the world and India especially, it is more important now than ever to contain ourselves and contain the virus. The more we all observe this together, the safer we will all be and the healthier we will be! Here are some social distancing tips and some other tips of wisdom to make this time easier on us all!
- Use sanitizers when leaving and entering the house AND before and after you walk into a store to get essentials. Based on the WHO, use only alcohol-based sanitizers with a content of at least 60% for the sanitizer to be effective. You can find our tutorial on at-home sanitizers HERE!
- Wear masks when venturing out. The whole spread of the virus happens when we touch something that has droplets on it and then we touch our face. The mask prevents us from touching the essential orifices of our face and it’s always better to be safe than sorry! Encourage everyone in your household to wear masks all the time when outside of the house.
- Stock up on basic medicines and your prescription medicines, and keep a first-aid kit handy! You never know when this will come to use for you and your family and you never know when you could help an elderly neighbor, or a friend in need nearby.
- Always keep essential emergency numbers ready and saved in your phone, including your local police, ambulance, emergency doctor, and transportation services.
- Try to help those in need! During this time, we have to help our fellow neighbors and people who may be in need and who are negatively impacted by the pandemic. Reach out to local NGOs to offer donations of anything extra you may have. You can call Seams For Dreams for clothing and bedding donations, and call others that may be collecting dry foods like lentils and rice, and medical supplies and medicines.
Remember to stay home and stay safe during this time!